Saturday, May 10, 2008

Welcome

To welcome you all at my english section i will first write a little bit about myself.

My Name is Dennis, im 24 and from Germany. I can speak German, English and i am learning Japanese. I m currently still working in the Chemical Industrie in Basel ( Switzerland) as Chemical Operator, but im living in Germany.
I love travelling and so i have been 1 Year in Australia (April 2006 - April 2007) with a Working Holiday Visa . I started blogging just before i went to Australia, mainly to keep my family and friends up to date. Later i saw that even some people i didn't know were reading my blog with wich i came to the decision to also write an english blog when travelling again. Well, here i start, around 1 and a half month before i will be travelling again.
This time i will go to Japan, also with a Japanese Working Holiday Visa. I plan to stay in Japan for 1 year and i want to do some travels around South Korea and China right afterwards.
I also started this blog because i experienced that some people i meet are interested about the ongoing of my travels and cant read german (you can find all my Travelposts from Australia, Bangkok and some of my Hometown in the German Section) so they can only watch my pictures. Because there are so many blogs about travelling in Australia and the experiences there i didn't think its worth to put up the effort for a english blog, but this time its different.

There are only around 6500 people who are going to Japan on a Working Holiday Visa every year, of wich are 3500 Koreans (only around 250 Germans!) and it can be really hard to find some specific information. I found a good video on How to get a Japanese WHV, and i will try to write about my experiences here to give some help to people planning to do the same.
This section will still most probably contain less information about my travels than the German section, because it will take some time to translate everything, and i'm not sure if i will always find the time and energy to do it, but i will try. You will at least be able to see all the pictures here wich you can see in the German section.

However you found here, the link to my page is www.teglas.asia, but you can reach this section directly by www.itravelasia.blogspot.com. I really love to get comments because the show me that my work is at least read and I even made it possible to post anonymous.
So please, whatever you have to say, or even if you just want to leave a hello, leave some comments from time to time, it makes me happy :) (you can leave comments right under each post, till now i dont have a guestbook but ill try to organise something)
Also im sorry about my not perfect english and my spell-mistakes you will just have to stick with it because its not my native language, but im able to express myself so i put my learning effort into japanese at the moment.

Well, with all that said, i hope you can enjoy my blog and read about my travels.
I will shortly start with a Resume from my Australian travel to not start the blog empty. (it will first be in German here, because i will translate it piece by piece)

No comments: