Monday, May 12, 2008

My current Plan + state of preparations

Well, also i know that i will most probably change the plan many times during my travel, i will give you an outline now.

Arriving on the 25 June in Tokyo. I will take around 2 weeks to really arrive and get some things done. These are bassicly: Alien Registration, opening a bank account, registering with Wwoof and JAWHM and everything else wich should be done. I also plan to meet Ichigo (a guy i meet in Broome), the family Hideo (whom i met on a boattrip in Cairns) and maybe some members from the Japanforum during this 2 weeks. After that i will go in a homestay (06.07) for 4 weeks and attend a Japanese Conversation class (20 hours / week) to get started. I plan to move to Hokkaido quite quickly in the beginning of August. I will meet my first travelmate from Australia again, Yukari (i'm really looking forward to that). My plan is to buy a car in Sapporo and start travelling around Hokkaido first. I still don't know if that will work out, so thats the most difficult point to tell now. I would than stay around Hokkaido till end September (maybe do some wwoofing in between) and with the beginning of winter start to slowly move back to Tokyo. I want to stay in Tokyo the whole winter (November-March) and work. After that i want to travel southern Japan (also with the car) and finally end my Trip in Japan on the Iland's of Okinawa in June 2009. I will then move on to South Korea and China for some more travelling (how long ist still open, guess around 3 months each).
During all this time i hope to meet some people again, whom i met in Australia. Jiran my third travelmate from Korea, Tammy also from Korea, Ichigo, Yukari and Hideo's (as explained above) and maybe one or 2 more.

Well, thats the plan, i will see how it will work out, but after this year in Australia i know it won't work as planned, but it will work out somehow (maybe better ;)

Well there are only 43 days left till the take off, so thats very soon.....

My agreement with the company i currently work runs till the 13 of June, just 9 days before the flight. I think thats actually ok and i will probably work till the last days. Aside of that i'm still visiting my Japanese class once a week (on Tuesday) and am learning a little bit in my free time (to less :(...)

As it look now, my Visa has been aproved and i could go to Munich tomorrow to get it. I won't do that, but i will send a letter to a friend in Munich, so he can pick it up for me and send it to me per Post (the embassy won't send it!)
My new credit card is here (with this one i can get cash on every ATM around the world and won't have to pay for the service!)
My insurance for that time is covered
My new Laptop ( Dual 1.66Ghz, 2Gb Ram, 120 gb HD) is here and i installed the most important things
My new external HD (2,5 zoll 250Gb) is also here and is waiting to be filled
My 4 weeks school in Tokyo is booked from 06.07 till 02.08 with homestay.
I actually wanted to also stay in the homestay from the 25.05-06.07 but the didn't have space because its high season, so i will just get the homestay during my course. So i'm still searching for accomodation for the first 2 weeks. At the moment i send some messages to my friends in Tokyo and let them check if they can find something, if not i will see for myself.

Next to that there is only one really improtant thing open now and thats my international driving license, wich isn't hard to get.
Well apart from that, i got the domain www.teglas.asia now, so you can remember that adress. You can also reach this site through www.itravelasia.com. As you see here, i also started blogging on my english part and i am curious whos gonna read here.
Well what else is there? Ah, yes, Yukari wrote me a mail with pictures of here 1 month old son and invited me and told me that she will help me if possible.
Well, there are still alot of other things to do, but the most important things are done. Now i still have to clean up my room, get the first 2 weeks accomodation in Tokyo, go on learning Japanese, buy some stuff (clothes, translator,...), cut a movie out of my Australien travelpics (uh, nearly forgot that again) and so on......
You see, there are still some things to do and so the remainging 43 days will pass by very fast. Hm, soon its going abroad again. I'm really looking forward to it, but i'm also getting excited and think about if all that will work out.... but its gonna do somehow
well then

Mata ne (see you)
Dennis

No comments: