Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Arrival

This post is actually from yesterday, enjoy anyway.
Well, now it is really true, im in Tokyo. No more Countdown, no preparetions. I left Basel at 12.15, was in London at 13.30, took my next flight on 16.45 wich left the ground at 17.25. I arrived at 12 oclock (Tokyo time) and was at my Hotel at around 14oclock (thats 7 am in Germany). So i was on my way for around 19 hours after leaving Basel. Therefore im still fit at the moment. the time i spent in London was not so good, because i had a big headache and choose to take some medicin because i still had half of my traveltime left. Later it got better and i came to sleep a little bit on the next flight.


The japanese reads Okaerinasai wich means something like "Welcome Home" as i think.

When i arrived in Tokyo, everything went well, better than expected. After filling in 2 forms, one time smilling at the customs and 2 fingerprints i was in Japan. I changed some money (150€ gave 24500yen around 250US$) and bought a ticket to Ueon (1000yen). After 80 minutes on the train i changed to the Subway and paid another 160 yen. After a short Orientation i made my way to the Hotel by foot. One time as i just tried to put a look on my map a nice Japanese on his bike stopped and asked where i wanted to go. To Hotel Koyo? he asked. Right! And so everything went well. Now im sitting in my tiny room and enjoy the fresh air comming inside through my window (its around 23C, but th humitidity is a bit high) and write you over the open W-lan i found (wich just workes when my window is open as i noticed now).

My Room


Nr. 220
View inside the room (already in Chaos)


View from Window 1


View from Window 2

Well, i didnt fully arrive till now, that will maybe take another week or 2. Now im the Hotel (i like it till now) and will go for a walk later. Tomorrow i see if i can watch the semifinal.

Greetings from Tokyo

Dennis


Short Update (wich got a little longer):

Since i posted i have basicly been on my feet, more or less planed. I asked if i could watch soccer somewhere. He said yes, but i would have to travel through half the city. Than i thought about an online Live-stream, but my "Room-lan" was not so good (i just noticed the connection with the window this morning) so i decided to try to find a 24 hours internetcafe. The end of the story was that i went to the wrong trainstation because i didn´t listen carefully and went to the right one (with the shopping center) afterwards (all by foot). For the first time i got the feeling that i have to be crazy to be here and do that Working holiday. I couldn´t read anything and just understand some words.... I even didn´t know what i was buying : D Well i bought some some Riceballs and a Sandwich and went back to my Hotel... that was at least what i thought. After running around for at least 1 hour (i couldn´t even retrace my own steps anymore) i came back to the trainstation. This time really trying to remember where i came from earlier and to just following my feelings i made it back to the Hotel. Well i am really tired, wich surely didn´t help. I hope i will be better tomorrow, i will got shopping again with more time and fit and i will have a look in my Lonely Planet. I will only wathc soccer if it is possible from my room.

Dennis

No comments: