Tuesday, June 10, 2008

2 weeks

Well i though that i should write again now, there are just 2 weeks left now. Time is running!
Hm, so what happend since the last time?
I have played around with my Homepage a little bit, so for example you can find on the right site under LINKS a Map of Google where you can see where in Tokyo my Hotel and my School will be. You can change the Map to Satellite, zoom in and have a look at the buildings if you want to.
Well, else im having trouble with my Laptop because its not working properly and its freezing from time to time. Off course i have a Guarantee and stuff, but i think i dont have enough time ti send it there and get i back before i leave, what a pain in the Arse. Well im still looking into that, i hope i can find a solution.
Yesterday i talked to my Boss again (last week of work till Friday) about where to leave my pass for the Area and stuff and that he will give me a kind og certificate (i just lost the english word for that, its just a paper saying how you worked and if they were happy with the work and stuff). Ah... i also got a letter from the Tax office, there are some documents missing... i hope this is through before i leave.
Well, actually there was also something good happening. That is that my Postcards and Business cards wich i ordered arrived. The Quality is really good for the price. I will give everyone i meet such a card. On the front there is a Picture of me (the one in my profile here) and on the back is a Map of Japan. I will then write Date and Place on it and the one getting the card will have to write in a small book for me. I already gave 15 cards away and because i saw that they are going away fast and that i will maybe need more than 100 i just ordered another 100. The price is 27€ with shipping, wich is actually quite alright (makes around 0.5$/50Yen per card). What i was actually thinking about yesterday was buying a miniDV camcorder. Well today i bought one... i couldnt resist, so now im already half-Japanese travelling with 2 Cameras, a Camcorder, a Mp3Player and a Laptop....
Well, what else? Im a little busy during the last days, going out with some friends and already waving the first goodbeys.... got some thing of my To-do list done (especially the dentist) ah, i was in Basel at a Flashmob. That was this Friday at the Railwaystation Basel SBB and it was a freeze Flashmob (like the Original ).
There were really around 200 people and took part, but the Railwaystation was a little small for so many... It was alot of fun anyway, i always wanted to take part at something like that. I took a video while i was froozen and made a short cut. I try to put it on the page directly.



Otherwise, here is the Link. The BAZ (Basel Newspaper) also took a Video, you can find it here. I can only recommend you to take part at something like that if you know of it and have the chance to be there. I found this Flashmob online on Facebook.

Slowly im getting nervous, positiv and negativ. What did i forget? Will it all work out?
I already got some mails from people i know in and around Tokyo and i will probably meet some right during the first weeks.
Ah, i also registered myselfe at Google Analytics, wich shows me how many people visited my Homepage and from where they are logging in, how they found here and 1000 other things (like Browser type, screen resolution,.... isnt it crazy what information you send while browsing?).

Hey, its starting soon! CRAZY!!!! I´m really doing it, yeah :DDD
I hope you enjoy my Webblog once im travelling, if you have any suggestions just write me a message. You can find my ICQ in my Profile (i think also Skype-name), otherwise write in the Guestbook or make a comment
Have fun

Dennis

No comments: